Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Raudhah Adventure Part 1


Bismillah, Assalamualaikum (",)

I am still exhausted after coming back from an expedition to a home where primary and secondary school kids reside, young pregnant ladies, orphans, kids who are left behind, kids who have no home, young girls and boys who are troubled but in spite of all this, these kids are colourful and they bring all the colours and more from the rainbow of life into my friends and my life.

So let me tell you when the rainbow started…

On Saturday 5th April 2008, From college, the bus departed around 2.30pm. The bus driver knew the way until UIA but after that, I had to take over and guide the bus driver. I have always been bad in directions and I had only went to Raudhah once therefore I was a bit confused at which way to go after UIA and spurted out the wrong turning to the driver, supposedly it was left but I said right and I wasn’t even confident when I said it! Everybody groaned at my inability to remember and I was so disconcerted but there was no time for that and so I had to compose myself even though at that moment, I did feel that the tears were stinging at the back of my eyes.

Alhamdulillah, the bus driver was ever so forgiving and he didn’t show the slightest bit of fury which made everybody readily forgave me. Alhamdulillah we arrived safely and after performing asar prayers, there was a taklimat from the caregiver of the Pondok Penyayang Raudhah.

After going to UIA to take dinner, and after all the spiritual cleansing, it was time for ice breaking and then an activity entitled Graf Kehidupan / Life Graph.

In this activity, everybody including the facilitators had to draw a graph that indicated their life experiences from childhood until now. The best part of this activity is that, not only do I get to hear the kids’ tales but I also heard all kinds of stories from the facilitators. It was as if everyone in every group let their guard down and poured their hearts out. It didn’t matter that we just got to know the kids and let alone got to know each other but we readily shared our life encounters.

I heard these stories with shocking revelation, not just from the kids but also from the facilitators. They had stories of divorce parents, of going wild and letting down their parents, of quitting school, of a loved one dying in front of their own eyes, of failing every single academic paper, of smoking, of an 11 year old saying that he doesn’t get enough love and attention from his parents because his parents only channelled their love and care towards other siblings and of many more…

As I heard these stories, I clutched my paper tightly…
I couldn’t let them know my story…
This is because I don’t have a story…
I have been happy and blessed all my life…

The only downside to my graph was that I came back from England to Malaysia and the other one was that I cracked the back of my head. Other than that, I don’t remember ever feeling so unhappy…

My tears stung for them...
But I couldn’t cry…
They could, it’s their story not mine…
My heart ache wanting to reach out to them…

But I also heard stories of being independent, of fighting back, of getting back on track, of studying to succeed again, of repentance, of courage and bravery, of tears of joy and smiles and that everything is going to be okay again, because they believe that everything is going to be okay again because if they are willing to change then Allah will help them and this just doesn’t apply to the kids but also to the facilitators.


O ye who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance: in the hope that your Lord will remove from you your ills and admit you to Gardens beneath which rivers flow― the Day that Allah will not permit to be humiliated the Prophet and those who believe with him. Their Light will run forward before them and by their right hands, while they say "Our Lord! perfect our Light for us, and grant us Forgiveness; for Thou has power over all things."

At-Tahrim [66:8]

This was only what happened on Saturday…

A revelation from Him Who created the earth and the heavens on high.

Taha [20:4]

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wan....everybody got different story to share....alhamdulillah our life is blessed by the almighty.
different people different story, thats make life colourful and ALLAH want us to take other people's story as the reminder in to live in this world....
hope to hear more....(^_^)

wanderfulmadnificent said...

yes, different people different story, that's what makes life so colourful and cheery ;)

Mysara said...

wah...bessnye ur program =) nntilaa i komen pnjg2 lagi.today i x sihat,got an upset tummy & on the verge of demam..im so not in the mood to do anything except sleeeppppp =(

Your Average Mat said...

I went with madihah to this program. congratulation, its a good program and thanks for inviting me too. do come to my blog to see some of the pictures taken there.

wanderfulmadnificent said...

mysara:
AT THIS MOMENT, i have a runny nose and feeling unwell too! let's sleep then, zzz -_-

The Average Mat:
hey mat! welcome to my humble blog! bestnyee ur here! i wonder why u went missing in the bloggie arena, hehe and i will visit your blog and thank you :)

Anonymous said...

wah best2... letak gamba~~!~

nak join kalau ade wat bulan jun-julai :D

Mohd Fakhrurazi Mohd Yusuff said...

congratz..tidak mudah menjadi pemimpin dan tidak susah juga.cuma perlu keberanian dan sedikit perangsang..:)

wanderfulmadnificent said...

zmk:
in the process ;)

Mohd Fakhrurazi Mohd Yusuff:
THANK YOU MORE THAN I COULD EVER SAY~

Anonymous said...

lupa lak nk ucap tahniah,hehe,tahniah2,as i said,'kepimpinan bukan anugerah tapi amanah yang mesti dijayakan!',so just do the job,yang lain cukuplah Allah sebagai tempat kita bergantung,kenapa macam nampak satu raut kepuasan jer dimuka saudari?(padahal takda gamba pun,hmmm..;)

wanderfulmadnificent said...

Anonymous-but-i-know-who-u-are:
hehe, THANK YOU ^_^