Bismillah, Assalamualaikum :)
It’s been a week and Alhamdulillah I am surviving this teaching ordeal BUT I am grappling and struggling because I find it hard and challenging though I know this is life and there’s no shortcut to success and that Allah wants to test me and this is just the beginning~
The first week itself was DAUNTING!
On Sunday, it was Report Card Day whereby parents came to see the teacher for their children’s progress at school therefore there were no classes but the students’ were intrigued at Nani and I as they could sense we were strangers. After that Sunday, it was a week fill with tests so my job was just to invigilate the test done in the class that I will be teaching for the whole 3 months namely the form 2.
There are 5 classes of form 2. I got the second and third class whereas Nani got the first and fourth class. I have already fallen in love with the third class although their level of English is below average. This is because, not only are they mostly cute but they’re so eager to learn! They probably don’t understand the instructions I gave them in front of the class but afterwards they would attack me with questions! They probably don’t speak English but at least, they do the work that I tell them to do. And they probably don’t realize that I saw that a few of them wrote love letters for me because they tried to insert it inside my book but when I turned to looked at them, they snatched it back but I already caught a glimpse of teacher, nak no phone teacher, teacher comel :p
The second class was noisy or hingaq! In an annoyingly way and I’m sorry to have to say this but even though they are smarter than the third class but their level of English is still pretty weak yet they make lawak kering in front of me hence making me lose patience!
I am not the chengir (garang or strict in Kedah slang, when the teacher advice me not to be chengir, I was like, what?! Then Nani explain, huhu) type of teacher but I realize I had to be one time or another but my heart remains a softie.
You have no idea that I get tired and eat a lot after teaching lately and this is just my second week and I am still so afraid! It’s still about obtaining an A but MOST OF ALL, I just want MY STUDENTS to learn something and it’s not just them that’s finding it hard to understand English but really, when they speak really fast in that Kedah slang, I am already lost, hehe
Pray for me people~
There’s one cyber café here but sometimes the phone lines are unstable, huhu
The first week itself was DAUNTING!
On Sunday, it was Report Card Day whereby parents came to see the teacher for their children’s progress at school therefore there were no classes but the students’ were intrigued at Nani and I as they could sense we were strangers. After that Sunday, it was a week fill with tests so my job was just to invigilate the test done in the class that I will be teaching for the whole 3 months namely the form 2.
There are 5 classes of form 2. I got the second and third class whereas Nani got the first and fourth class. I have already fallen in love with the third class although their level of English is below average. This is because, not only are they mostly cute but they’re so eager to learn! They probably don’t understand the instructions I gave them in front of the class but afterwards they would attack me with questions! They probably don’t speak English but at least, they do the work that I tell them to do. And they probably don’t realize that I saw that a few of them wrote love letters for me because they tried to insert it inside my book but when I turned to looked at them, they snatched it back but I already caught a glimpse of teacher, nak no phone teacher, teacher comel :p
The second class was noisy or hingaq! In an annoyingly way and I’m sorry to have to say this but even though they are smarter than the third class but their level of English is still pretty weak yet they make lawak kering in front of me hence making me lose patience!
I am not the chengir (garang or strict in Kedah slang, when the teacher advice me not to be chengir, I was like, what?! Then Nani explain, huhu) type of teacher but I realize I had to be one time or another but my heart remains a softie.
You have no idea that I get tired and eat a lot after teaching lately and this is just my second week and I am still so afraid! It’s still about obtaining an A but MOST OF ALL, I just want MY STUDENTS to learn something and it’s not just them that’s finding it hard to understand English but really, when they speak really fast in that Kedah slang, I am already lost, hehe
Pray for me people~
There’s one cyber café here but sometimes the phone lines are unstable, huhu
7 comments:
teacher.. first time lar dengar term lawak kering.. (am i too kuno or samting?lols)..
teacher! doakan yer anak murid selalu in yer prayers :)
good luck!
kakngah!
1.why didja post a bulletin board on fster telling the whole world that ade cc kat big pumpkin (labu besar)?
2.letak la gamba..kan dah de kamera baru =P
3.CEPATLA BALIK!!
tertinggal td --> nak pg Kulim..sob3
teacher comel.........
......................................................................................... (xterkata) hehe..
Just to drop by to see how u r goin. Dah elektif dah eh? i need to be more in touch, hehehe.
wan! kiutnye budak2 tuh!! hihi and i donno how but i think i can imagine u being chengir ;p huhuhu wat an experience kan..gotta teach at some rural areas.. i wish u the best in evrything; ur teaching, ur students, even ur A ;))
wan....sabarnyer...hehehe
hope to see you soon...miss u...so much
Post a Comment