Friday, September 19, 2008

A Class of 48...

Bismillah, Assalamualaikum :s

If I could, I take all the students that I could
and teach them myself
everyone of them
bit by bit
one on one
or better yet
I’d hire a personal tutor and get them to do private lessons
for these students
because a class of a maximum of 48 students
just won’t work out
it doesn’t work out at all

so I geddit
its not that they don’t understand
but they are not able to comprehend
because they don’t have the confidence
and they are demotivated
and they need that attention
but a class of 48 students is almost impossible
to get them to use the language
so how do I handle that

a class of 48
I cannot cater
to everyone
because at the end of the day
the exam – oriented system wins
so how could I beat that

somehow I know I could
but I don’t know how
it always feels like I’m getting somewhere
but I end up nowhere
and the students are lost
and I wanna wrap them in my arms
all 48 of them
and shower them with all that I have
nothing material
everything in my heart and my soul
mostly knowledge
and LOVE for knowledge

nothing beats a class of 48
but perhaps I could…

5 comments:

Mysara said...

a class of 48? woah!! thats a handful..
anyway, at the end of the day, Allah does not look at the outcomes, but He looks at your efforts..so dont give up & give you very best!
and make the best of Rmdhn..see ya soon..muahxxx

Mysara said...

*give your very best~~!
typo plak ;P

Anonymous said...

wow wan, 48 children.....huhuhu...
show them ur love and ur effort and pray always....insyaALLAH they will see it and make a change.
perhaps not now but in the future, insyaALLAH.
ALLAH is always by ur side....remember that my friend.

Anonymous said...

Al-Salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh wa ridhwanuh

Okay, if I got it right, this is Wan Madihah’s blog (?) Haha.. you’d never guess who just came by for a visit.. your long lost acquaintance.. tak tahu la Madihah ingat lagi ke tak; kak Rahimah, Pck Azhari/Mck Zainab ~ Leicester. (D’you still remember us... ? ^_^)

I was just blog hopping and Subhan Allah wal-Hamdu-lillah, Allah decreed it ever so nicely that I was to come across your personal site here.. I was just skimming thru and from the quick scan I gathered that you’re currently in the teaching line? Have I got that right? Well Subhan Allah *high 5* ME TOO!!! And I tell you, I cud relate very well with the things you’ve expressed here…Madihah dah berapa lama da mengajar? I’m currently teaching in Adni (not sure if you’re familiar with the school or otherwise… (: ) and AlHamdu-lillah this year makes my second year serving with this dear institution… ^_^

Hmm I hope to link with your blog soon…I’d love to follow your everyday journal of experience… As for myself, my last post was sometime ‘LAST YEAR’…lol. Yah my dhaeef blog is in serious need of some updating and reviewing…

And Maisara dearie is back in England is she?? Subhan Allah, how encouraging, yup sure is inspiring, AlHamdu lillah...ya and Hilmi is in the same Matriculation as Sabirah, right? ^_^ I met up with your Mum and Dad hari tu during their orientation…

Well okay, emm I hope to catch up with you soon then…it’d be nice to have regular dialogues and discussions, yknow -have lots of exchange of insights, thoughts and opinions…cause when keen educators meet up there’ll surely be a lot to discuss and discover…haha.. waa I cant wait..

Oh and before I sign off, BeLated SaNah HeLwah ya JamEEla…! C:

Uhibbuki fillah,
k.Rahimah

wanderfulmadnificent said...

mysara:
i like those words that 'at the end of the day, Allah does not look at the outcomes, but He looks at your efforts', but sometimes i feel like the outcomes reflects my efforts and my efforts always seem never enuff so how?! :(

nadiah:
thank you nadiah, comforting words from a comforting friend, hehe :D

aspiring umm rumaysaa':
OF COURSE I STILL REMEMBER YOU!
how could i forget, hehe :)

i am not really teaching yet, just doing my practicum but will be in the teaching line most probably next year for 5 years according to my contract.

where is ADNI? what does it stand for? what's your blog name? what's your email? friendster? yahoo msgnr? perhaps we can get in touch thru all those :D

thank you kak rahimah for the wish and long comments, would love to get in touch with u soon! *hugs*