Bismillah, Assalamualaikum 

I'm home for the 2nd weekend and actually, surprisingly I am not that severely homesick anymore except there's just nothing to do or see or go if I stayed for the weekend and if my friend cum longtime Shah Alam comrade wants to go back home then I'm all for it!
Alhamdulillah, I am really starting to adjust and adapt slowly to the surroundings and the best part is that I don't really hafta fork out much money so it's really cool to envisioned the money that I'll be able to really save up for the future and first salary InsyaAllah will be due next month so ehem ehem, sape tak malu bole la mintak belanja, LOL :D
Alhamdulillah again that I have happily accepted with an open heart and mind that indeed Allah has always given me everything and the very best just that sometimes Allah gives me something disheartening in order to achieve goodness ^_^
and that is the secret to me bouncing back on my 2nd week of teaching at a new school!
Acceptance!
I learn to not only accept the fact that I'm there but also to accept that I am
an optimist,
a great teacher!
Hey, I did my very best at practicum and I can do it again!
I embrace challenges, yes, give it to me!
I also learn to accept the students even the unruly ones! But it was not so on the 1st week as I remembered, every teacher warned me to be fierce even the principal and the discipline teacher gave me a cane because he said that every teacher need to be equipped with a cane if not to punish then to threaten. I shook off that notion because even when my beloved roomie told me to put on a ferocious face first when entering a class years ago, I never did and it worked because I still managed to be firm but friendly and I continued to put on a smile when I entered classes after classes at my practicum school. So I dared to think that I could pull it off again for the 1st school that I'm posted to but that's when I was wrong...
I wanted to do it, but I stop short because...
every teacher warned me to take absolutely no nonsense from the students because once they know I'm flexible as I openly showed my sweet side, they might twist and turn me around and step all over me!
It seems unfair right but I don't blame the teachers for the warning because it definitely sent shivers and I was anxious at what to expect as for the first 2 weeks, I got 3 Form One classes to teach. I got the first class which was the more academically-inclined students but they were so noisy if I did a language activity that I felt exasperated afterwards and wickedly thought that perhaps I should just give them things to copy down, huhu, but I couldn't, not yet anyway, hehe. However, there were also some boisterous students in that class and I nearly got angry so I learnt to raise the cane and threaten in the most psycho voice I could think of and smiled that if they geddit in their heads that they could ruin the lesson for everyone else then they thought wrong and I was secretly pleased when they sat down. and that was it.
I never believed in the cane and I dunwan to use it but now, I am considering that the cane is a tool to put some sense into that little heads of theirs that just because I'm new and cute and short and I smile too, that they could take advantage of me, well, they thought wrong, hmph! If I were a Transformers, I would have been that biggie helicopter Decepticon one, ganas sket! Autobots skema je :p
or I could be that Decepticon sucker robot, that really HUGE one! Wah! I could suck all those kids who refuse to learn and spit them out back a new person, haha! Ok, escapism sekejap :p
Alhamdulillah, I am really starting to adjust and adapt slowly to the surroundings and the best part is that I don't really hafta fork out much money so it's really cool to envisioned the money that I'll be able to really save up for the future and first salary InsyaAllah will be due next month so ehem ehem, sape tak malu bole la mintak belanja, LOL :D
Alhamdulillah again that I have happily accepted with an open heart and mind that indeed Allah has always given me everything and the very best just that sometimes Allah gives me something disheartening in order to achieve goodness ^_^
and that is the secret to me bouncing back on my 2nd week of teaching at a new school!
Acceptance!
I learn to not only accept the fact that I'm there but also to accept that I am
an optimist,
a great teacher!
Hey, I did my very best at practicum and I can do it again!
I embrace challenges, yes, give it to me!
I also learn to accept the students even the unruly ones! But it was not so on the 1st week as I remembered, every teacher warned me to be fierce even the principal and the discipline teacher gave me a cane because he said that every teacher need to be equipped with a cane if not to punish then to threaten. I shook off that notion because even when my beloved roomie told me to put on a ferocious face first when entering a class years ago, I never did and it worked because I still managed to be firm but friendly and I continued to put on a smile when I entered classes after classes at my practicum school. So I dared to think that I could pull it off again for the 1st school that I'm posted to but that's when I was wrong...
I wanted to do it, but I stop short because...
every teacher warned me to take absolutely no nonsense from the students because once they know I'm flexible as I openly showed my sweet side, they might twist and turn me around and step all over me!
It seems unfair right but I don't blame the teachers for the warning because it definitely sent shivers and I was anxious at what to expect as for the first 2 weeks, I got 3 Form One classes to teach. I got the first class which was the more academically-inclined students but they were so noisy if I did a language activity that I felt exasperated afterwards and wickedly thought that perhaps I should just give them things to copy down, huhu, but I couldn't, not yet anyway, hehe. However, there were also some boisterous students in that class and I nearly got angry so I learnt to raise the cane and threaten in the most psycho voice I could think of and smiled that if they geddit in their heads that they could ruin the lesson for everyone else then they thought wrong and I was secretly pleased when they sat down. and that was it.
I never believed in the cane and I dunwan to use it but now, I am considering that the cane is a tool to put some sense into that little heads of theirs that just because I'm new and cute and short and I smile too, that they could take advantage of me, well, they thought wrong, hmph! If I were a Transformers, I would have been that biggie helicopter Decepticon one, ganas sket! Autobots skema je :p
or I could be that Decepticon sucker robot, that really HUGE one! Wah! I could suck all those kids who refuse to learn and spit them out back a new person, haha! Ok, escapism sekejap :p
Anyhoo, I also had to constantly waved the cane up in the air for the Remove Class because they were too hyperactive! Even when they want to speak to their peers sitting beside, they would ear-piercingly scream, aaa, bengang tau tak bengang! huhu..
Other times, I restrain the laughter I get such as there was one time, this kid started to sweep the floor at the back of the class all of a sudden and I asked him what he was doing and he simply said "menyapu la cikguuu" and I was like, okayyy, I'm in front teaching my socks off and you wanna sweep the class! and some kids were stifling giggles and then I turned with my back to the students to repress my own chuckle (ape kena laaa dgn budak ni, LOL). and then he started to come to the front eagerly sweeping and I put on a straight face and said "lepas awak dah sapu situ, awak sapu sini plak" and he nodded and swept to the place I mentioned and after that, he just sat down like nothing happened! AAAAA!!! Help!!! Which world am I in now!! *speechless*
There's also the secret that I try to imagine that the students in this school are just like the ones in Big Pumpkin, the ones I find adorable and raring to learn although they are academically-challenged and this works! Conversely, the kids there are nothing like Big Pumpkin because Big Pumpkin kiddies were something special but then again, when I conceive the students there to be someone I wanted in a way, I smiled more and change tactics because I gave them more credit than they thought I would have and they also learn to embrace me.
I don't want to be the teacher that just because the students misbehave, I had to start labelling them and turn my back on them. It's just a matter of time and psychologically handling these students with or without the cane. and I wanna learn~
"O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring O our Lord! and accept Thou my Prayer."
Ibrahim [14:40]
Other times, I restrain the laughter I get such as there was one time, this kid started to sweep the floor at the back of the class all of a sudden and I asked him what he was doing and he simply said "menyapu la cikguuu" and I was like, okayyy, I'm in front teaching my socks off and you wanna sweep the class! and some kids were stifling giggles and then I turned with my back to the students to repress my own chuckle (ape kena laaa dgn budak ni, LOL). and then he started to come to the front eagerly sweeping and I put on a straight face and said "lepas awak dah sapu situ, awak sapu sini plak" and he nodded and swept to the place I mentioned and after that, he just sat down like nothing happened! AAAAA!!! Help!!! Which world am I in now!! *speechless*
There's also the secret that I try to imagine that the students in this school are just like the ones in Big Pumpkin, the ones I find adorable and raring to learn although they are academically-challenged and this works! Conversely, the kids there are nothing like Big Pumpkin because Big Pumpkin kiddies were something special but then again, when I conceive the students there to be someone I wanted in a way, I smiled more and change tactics because I gave them more credit than they thought I would have and they also learn to embrace me.
I don't want to be the teacher that just because the students misbehave, I had to start labelling them and turn my back on them. It's just a matter of time and psychologically handling these students with or without the cane. and I wanna learn~
"O my Lord! make me one who establishes regular Prayer, and also (raise such) among my offspring O our Lord! and accept Thou my Prayer."
Ibrahim [14:40]
2 comments:
klaka la ur student tu.. :p
enjoy the moment while it last... go go teacher madihah!
always doakan your student, supaya snang nk ajar derang, dan supaya ilmu tu lekat di hati..
ameen~
welcome to the real world! heh.
Saya doakan semoga akak dikurniakan ketabahan dan sentiasa positif di hari-hari mendatang ^__^
Berkhidmat untuk Allah.
n' for the betterment of the ummah.
(somehow, I've been into that situation during my practicum. oh, that's sounds nostalgic ~)
Post a Comment