Bismillah, Assalamualaikum 
On Wednesday, 3rd March 2010, I didn't have to go to school, whee!! But it wasn't exactly whee!! because I had to wake up early for an interview that's relevant to my career (really?!).
The funniest thing was the interviewer only asked me on NKRA which thankfully I had been studying. But I was a bit exasperated because I was ready to be tested on any CCTS questions but none came so I walked out of the room dissapointed, LOL :p but of course beaming because I answered everything accordingly, InsyaAllah XD
So what did I answered:
National Key Results Areas (NKRAs) have been identified by the government for implementation. They are; enhancing quality of education, upgrading public transportation, reducing corruption, reducing crime, upgrading rural infrastructure and upgrading low income household.
The ambitious plan may certainly look good on paper, but the real challenge for the government – as always – lies in the execution phase. and well, let's just say that - yes, the target is good and yes, it does need a lot of work BUT is it really to the expense of teachers having excessive unnecessary workloads that leads to the latest news?!
Teachers plan demo over irrelevant workload.
(Click for the news)
So what gives?
On Wednesday, 3rd March 2010, I didn't have to go to school, whee!! But it wasn't exactly whee!! because I had to wake up early for an interview that's relevant to my career (really?!).
The funniest thing was the interviewer only asked me on NKRA which thankfully I had been studying. But I was a bit exasperated because I was ready to be tested on any CCTS questions but none came so I walked out of the room dissapointed, LOL :p but of course beaming because I answered everything accordingly, InsyaAllah XD
So what did I answered:
National Key Results Areas (NKRAs) have been identified by the government for implementation. They are; enhancing quality of education, upgrading public transportation, reducing corruption, reducing crime, upgrading rural infrastructure and upgrading low income household.
The ambitious plan may certainly look good on paper, but the real challenge for the government – as always – lies in the execution phase. and well, let's just say that - yes, the target is good and yes, it does need a lot of work BUT is it really to the expense of teachers having excessive unnecessary workloads that leads to the latest news?!
Teachers plan demo over irrelevant workload.
(Click for the news)
So what gives?
The investment must achieve the objective of ensuring that each student received optimum education depending on their capacity but what of my lower proficient students? Shouldn't they be exempted from taking PMR and SPM? I wanna avoid saying that they can't do it but my heart breaks everytime they constrain themselves just to get a certificate that, according to a whole lot of people, determines something for them. and what is that something may I ask?
Heck, I believe in some of them but what if this is not from an
inspiring-teacher-really-makes-a-difference-story and what if the reality hits harder than that? and what if you don't know anything because you actually never been there and done that?
and what if I stop using the words what if?
How about I geddit all wrong? But at the same time, I know that without those 2 exams, my students would be much better learners and I don't have to teach my students for exams and do drilling all the time because like I said in my Facebook;
why do people always say that "you need to teach more fun things to your students!" like how much fun can you teach if the rural students just dun geddit and how much more fun can you go if the exam is getting nearer?!
I don't settle and neither should my students. full stop.
Heck, I believe in some of them but what if this is not from an
inspiring-teacher-really-makes-a-difference-story and what if the reality hits harder than that? and what if you don't know anything because you actually never been there and done that?
and what if I stop using the words what if?
How about I geddit all wrong? But at the same time, I know that without those 2 exams, my students would be much better learners and I don't have to teach my students for exams and do drilling all the time because like I said in my Facebook;
why do people always say that "you need to teach more fun things to your students!" like how much fun can you teach if the rural students just dun geddit and how much more fun can you go if the exam is getting nearer?!
I don't settle and neither should my students. full stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment