Friday, August 22, 2008

the meeting with my idol :D



Bismillah, Assalamualaikum ^_^

It all started with a dorky tag and the question of 5 people I wish to meet. Of course, having not ever meeting with my future husband therefore he tops the list (because I am at that age where people expect me to get marry quick and since all my friends are either getting engaged or getting marry these days prodded me to just write future husband regardless).

The second person I most wanted to meet was MERCY Malaysia’s President, Datuk Dr. Jemilah Mahmood since I have long admired her and apart from my parents, she was the best role model, someone I look up to in inspiration. In 2003, when I was interviewed by UiTM on the best public figure, I instantly said Datuk Dr. Jemilah Mahmood especially since it was the year where MERCY Malaysia helped out Iraq or Afghanistan, I forgot (sorry if MERCY Malaysia is reading this). How could I not admired her after all that she’s done plus the fact that she produces great pieces of writings which moved me to tears every time I read of what she has gone through.

Dorky or not dorky tag, it attracted her, the second person I most wanted to meet and through the MOST super duper nicest person, Shamini Darshni who is the Head of Communications and Fundraising of MERCY Malaysia, I finally got to meet my idol on 21st August 2008 in MERCY Malaysia’s office at 4pm. And now I have so many GREAT GIFTS for my birthday, the trip to Redang Island and the meeting with a greatly admired prominent most important person!

Datuk Dr. Jemilah Mahmood will always be my favourite celebrity more so especially after the meeting because she took some of her precious time to talk to me and mai sis and took us on a tour of the MERCY Malaysia office and introduces us to everyone working their socks off there and gave us a book and MOST OF ALL, just talking to us. I went back home star struck!

She said when she first came across my blog which said that I wanted to meet her she said, let’s make it real because I’m real!



And meeting her is as real as ever! So THANK YOU to Shamini Darshni whom I also met and she’s like this great person making me overwhelmed at all the nicest people surrounding Datuk Dr. Jemilah Mahmood. It’s like as if Datuk Dr. Jemilah Mahmood is a fairy godmother sprinkling goodness everywhere she goes and to everyone. I actually think I could be Cinderella eventually ending up working there but we’ll see as I have this practical to finish and one more semester to go!

You would have thought a kid would be excited meeting up with a star but here I am with all praises for the one I inspire…
THANK YOU again to Shamini Darshni and especially to Datuk Dr. Jemilah Mahmood :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wan, bestnyeeeeeee... macam kat fairyland la pulak kan where dreams come true... hepi hepi.. kirim salam to dr jemilah :)

wanderfulmadnificent said...

yeah, i know, i tot those things would happen when ur about to die, hehe so i am grateful for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and for the rezeki Allah bestow on me, Thank You Allah~