Saturday, February 21, 2009

Panic Crouch Down in Paintball



Bismillah, Assalamualaikum Myspace Icons


It all started with an influence, of a person somewhere far from me, not speaking to me but still, I think of that person all the time especially that it was me [inspired by that particular person] who organized this wonderfully magnificent event!



I had booked the event days ahead and even though assignments are piling up it didn't stop any of us from excitedly talking about what was to come. Everyone who signed up to join was eager to participate in the event and was even nervous when I gave them a mini briefing beforehand as they readily accept and anticipated of what was to come. What haunt everyone including me was the management's saying that;

"Bruises are common! and bleeding can happen!"

Although the boys woke up late on Saturday, 21st but we girls were all geared up to go by 8.30am for a hearty breakfast. We showed up at as promised at Cinta Sayang Resort, Sungai Petani at 9am sharp and was prepared for the briefing on the A to Z guide to playing PAINTBALL, regarding the equipments namely face mask, chest protector and marker, all the rules and regulations and the do's and don'ts of the game. What was most remembered was that Paintball is a safe game if everyone adhere to the safety rules of the game and would be dangerous if otherwise (aren't all games like that?)




We played 'Capture the Flag' and there were 10 of us so we got ourselves into 2 groups consisting of 5 people namely the Black Team (yours truly) and the Green Team. In 'Capture the Flag', for instance, the Black Team has to seize the Green Team's flag and vice versa and whichever team snatch the other team's flag first and managed to bring back the flag back to the team's base camp then that certain team is the winner! At first, I was nervous yet excited to play more than ever and with team spirit, we got into the battlefield ready to rumble!



As the chief referee roared 3, 2, 1, GO! All of us scurried to find the best refuge made up of tyres, large casks and big boards and went to panic-crouch-down-mode which hurts! It hurt so much that it got to the point that some of us actually tucked our legs to sit properly, hehe and some of my friends even streched her legs as it was weary already, huhu :p


It was a one of a kind feeling being there having to panic-crouch-down-rapidly-breathing-anticipating the opponents' move and hesitating to shoot for fear of not able to hit the target!


And that was the BIGGEST frustration ever! The worst feeling of not being a sharp shooter! and always missing the target whenever I want to shoot hence wasting pellets! I get so upset at myself for everytime I see the rival's head and body surfacing from their hideout but not being able to shoot directly to where they are at in spite of having the opportunity to do so!



Another thing would be the fear of taking risks and going out there being all out just like a suicide bomber would do! In this case, the guys groaned at the girls' inability to be agressive and it was cool to watch the guys stand and shoot being die-hard but fear of being hit and losing overpowered most of the girls making us cowards. Additionally, I ran out of pellets twice in 5 games and I felt so helpless! The first time I ran out of pellets, I just sat comfortably behind a shelter and felt the winds passing me by, and it was pretty embaressing as I saw my teammates die one by one and one ran out of pellets too leaving only one fending off the base but unable to do so until she got hit as well. and then I had to guard the flag at the base and the funny thing was, my strategy was to hide in the inside of the base, and surprise the challenger if they ever managed to arrived at our base. and then, I just sat and sometimes crouched there, LOL! and when one of the opponent finally came, I surprised that person and yelped; HANDS UP! and that person was so stunned that I was there, he shot me!! and I instinctively put both my hands up in surrender, hahaha, it was soooo dorkily funny!!




That was the third game and the Black Team lost. But we won 3 out of 5 games and for the 1st game, it was yours truly who proves to be a militant-in-the-making who succeedly grabbed the Green Team's flag and scored the first victory, wuu huu!!

I got hit once and boy, did that HURT, like someone whacked me and the pain STINGS indescribably and makes me realize of the truth in the saying "Bruises are common". What was most significant throughout the game however, was that I got to reflect on how the people are at war especially since what had happened in Gaza. It was as if all my 5 senses were activated and my body tensed up to take action and the drive in me made me feel driven to shoot and topple the enemy! It was awesome playing with the good company of my friends and the thrill of the game and I can't ever imagined feeling the exact opposite of what it would feel like to be at war trying to cross the enemy lines and the vulnerability that you may get shot. Moreover, it was scorching hot and I had all the necessary equipments but in real war zones, those people are expose with no protection and when they get hit, it won't be by vegetable oil as they wouldn't even register what hit them as they could just die.

So I urge everyone to again, put things in perspective even when playing something so fun like Paintball! It felt good to be the first heroine to take hold of the other team's flag and win and afterwards faltered a bit but there should be something else and something more that I could have done and in reality, that should have been the case so InsyaAllah, I will do whatever it takes to have courage and fight! Allahu Akbar!



My friends and I gush on how much fun we had whilst comparing the 'souveniors' we attained in the form of bruises and switch tales of attack and defend.

and then there were the assignments...

So I totally recommend Paintball for the bravehearts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

bape kali dah main paintball..

besnyer.. o_O

Anonymous said...

best tak main paintball.....
teringin gak nak main....

wanderfulmadnificent said...

zmk:
it was my friends and i first time playing and it was soooo cool!!

nadiah:
tak upd8 blog ke?

best sgt main paintball!! :D

dgr cite kat shah alam ada and quite cheap!

gda Mokhtar said...

memang bes giler pun
tp i still rasa guilty yg teramat!

anyone wanna learn short-range shooting?
hehe

kamilah ahmad @ ahmaddiah said...

i got 3 bruises, n to tell d truth to anyone who hasn't tried it yet, IT REALLY HURTS!!!sob sob :( but we had real fun though, that matters d most :D