Thursday, June 11, 2009

Long Live London

Bismillah, Assalamualaikum MySpace

I should write, it's about time, I can't just slack off at home so I am writing and I am going to start with London because that was the 1st destination in our 10 days AWESOME trip and I had it with uber cool and sporting Zahrah ^_^


After Heathrow, I remembered I badly needed to go to the toilet and was reallyyy uncomfortable at the prospect of no water in the toilet, hehe, yeah, I got used to it when I was small and growing up in England years ago but after decades of living in Malaysia, who can blame me, huhu :p

Our first stop was at Holloway Road where we stayed with 4 girls above shop lots but the house was so nice and comfy that we remembered wanting to stay longer!

THANK YOU to Sis Laili, Intan, Husna and I really forgot her name (BIG APOLOGY!)


Zahrah & I WALKED believe it or not from King's Cross Station right to Marble Arch [if anyone is familiar they would know that it sure is a loooong stretch of roads!]. and we passed Brunswick, the place of the rich I guess from the looks of it, reminds me of Bukit Bintang but this place is far more peaceful! and check out the houses! So cool!



This is me nearly getting tired. I remembered we wanted to find the Charles Dicken Museum but to no avail. We literally walked in circles, LOL!



Not a museum mind you, just a place to eat, hehe


THANK YOU to MAI SIS for the info as at 11am, we headed to Buckingham Palace for the Changing of Guards.


We met with Mahani and Sha at Buckingham Palace as they were assigned to become our tourist guides and they were so much fun! They even gave us pep talks when we got so tired! There were like ZILLIONS of people and no doubt there were also tourists like us and everyone wanted to see the event. and I forgot to zoom at this picture so can't really see that long-legged BIG doggy.


Asians are small or does that just applies to me, huhu. I managed to squeezed in right to the front of the palace gates but still I was blocked by so many people that I had to stand on my tiptoe and raised my arm for my digicam to capture whatever it gets! So this is the guards playing their musical instruments and all I remembered was that one of the music was the James Bond anthem.


The Buckingham Palace with so many people you could get lost! We were so tired when we reached this place and our feet were screaming with pain already. We had walked from 7am and all we had were croissants with cheese and milk. It was nearly noon and not only were we lethargic but our stomach pleaded to eat!



SNAP! Do you think at some point they smiled? :p


I thought that if you wanted to stand, you had to be on the left like in Malaysia but its the contrary in England! and boy, did people get angry when we were wrong!



Hey, Harrods had a sale ok and I won't tell you the price but it was cheap even when converted! and the quality was not bad, I always wondered what you could find in this big store and now I know!


So this is where Siti sang, not bad at all...

After Royal Albert Hall, we finally had lunch, at 3pm I think? at Malaysian Hall and chatted with someone a bit famous in her own right.



One thing about the Britons is that whether you are street artists or street performers, you are not looked down or deem poor, you are downright creative unlike in Malaysia, hehe


This is Trafalgar Square and SURPRISE! there were no pigeons! I remembered when I was small, the birdies were everywhere that it could actually poo poo at you! and when there are none, you miss em, huhu


What a view, it was so beautiful and sunny with a little wind, the weather was blissful indeed!


At Big Ben and near the Parliament, a protest happened (apparently protests always happens here!) and these people with their bicycles just ride the streets with no care in the world and shouted slogans and a representative came out and said something about the environment and I remembered she said, "I think we should just sit and have our little picnic here!" and they did just that! They blocked the streets laying down their bikes and took out their sandwiches and drinks and crossed their legs and ate and danced! and the police just looked on! Some of em even took pictures! Hmm...different huh, the police didn't even have tear gas with em, huhu



Some of em actually cared! Shame on us that we don't and I was told that there were tents as some protesters camped out and some starve just for that attention for change. I'm not saying that we should (actually I don't even think we can in the first place) but these are people who are willing to go to the extremes just for a cause they believed in. Still admirable in a way aite ;)


It wasn't nearly sunset just yet, I think it was still 7pm but this picture is glorious ^_^


It was nearly sunset so Mahani, Sha, Zahrah and I sat and watched the sunset together, aaawwww...


Walked to Tower Bridge, this place is so fascinating as the bridge can split in half for what I forgot and does it still do?


Got lost a bit but ended up in St Paul Cathedral, huhu


There are many more pictures taken at London but these are the significants ones, or perhaps there were some things I forgot to mention, Travel Mate?!


1 comment:

Aisyah said...

hu... best nye.. rindu uk