Bismillah, Assalamualaikum
Calling all English Teachers
especially my coursemates, the awesome COHORT 2,
English Teachers wannabes,
English Language Enthusiasts,
TESL Educationists,
YOU! whose opinions I and many others value,
I have an idea!
I know I'm new in the teaching profession, and because my passion has still not wane, therefore I wanna start a project...
I find myself constantly asking questions about teaching and learning to teach and many more and it really bugs me that no one and nothing can give me an answer. Then I realize that perhaps I am not looking for a CORRECT answer, just that I wanted and needed guidance and always want and need for myself to move ahead, forward and change for the better!
Hence, I think a journal would be a GREAT way for networking so that I and others out there can reach out simply by reading and responding. In my Uni days, I had to always go through international journals and I find that these journals were really cool and helpful especially when I was doing my project paper on Readers Theatre. Malaysia was still new to the concept of students reading aloud from a modified script and for that reason, there were insufficient articles on the subject matter. Even as I read more and more, I found that journals like The Reading Teacher were beneficial in scaffolding educators to explore and excite students and this would indirectly make us become better teachers.
The downside to this is that I am aware that not many teachers read! Yes, as shocking as this sounds but as I asked around, I reiterate that not many teachers read. Teachers do read but as teachers are constantly bogged down with not just teaching but also secretarial work, as a result, teachers read only their students' homework rather than for recreational. But for those teachers who do read and love reading and frequently reads then this journal may be able to get hold of these teachers.
My hopes would be that I am the shaker and the mover for this project and that I have to be extra hardworking in making it happen. InsyaAllah with this project, it is hoped that I and fellow contributors would be able to bring a desirable change not just for us but especially to our students.
So what needs to be done is that I would like to pull anyone in to write anything whether its an article, lesson plan, reflection, stories, literary works, anything at all. and I would come out with a title for the journal or does anyone have any idea? Apart from that, I hope to rope in educators who I think has made a difference in education in English or maybe someone who should put in his or her 2 cents worth in the journal. Another thing is that I hope to spread the word on this journal starting with my coursemates first who are teaching around the whole Malaysia and then the whole of Shah Alam and moving on to Facebook and lastly ZOOM MALAYSIA.
BIG DREAMS are needed indeed~
I target that by the end of this year, I'll be able to make it on at least glossy paper be it black or white or perhaps, if I could get a sponsor, to make the pages colourful. Moreover, I aim for the pages to at least be 20. I dream BIG but I think I'll start small, for now.
Effort (and a lot of it!) + Prayers (sprinkle with rezeki) = Tawakkal.
InsyaAllah

So please email me with anything at all -
wanderfulmadnificent@gmail.com
1 comment:
bersemangat! teacher wanderful, semoga segala hasrat dan impian tercapai hendaknya.
amin.
ya Allah, permudahkanlah...
Post a Comment