Thursday, December 03, 2009

Uniquely Singapore Trip!



Bismillah, Assalamualaikum Myspace Icons


Before Eidul Adha and on the start of the school holidays, Zahrah called me and exclaimed that she has some work in Singapore and that it would be ok if I were to join. I was excited because the opportunity was just too good to let go especially that it wouldn't burn a hole in my pocket as I had been saving for another getaway at the end of the year (unfortunately AirAsia cancelled all flights going there because of the snow storm, sob!).


Since everything was last minute, I let my homie organized my mode of transportation which is by a posh coach, Aeroline, from Sunway Pyramid to Singapore. Aeroline was okay as there was breakfast from Subway, movies and headphones plus soft comfortable cushion pillows but I learnt that I rather spend less for other brands of buses just as long as I arrived to Singapore. But, after this, I think I would want to take Firefly since I haven't done so anyway.



I stayed in a COOL apartment because the apartment that Zahrah's company has provided was INSIDE A SHOPPING MALL!! No kidding!! and not only that, the apartment in the shopping mall was SMACK in the middle of OCHARD ROAD, Singapore shopping heaven!! Imagine staying INSIDE The Gardens and then going downstairs to The Gardens and next door is MidValley MegaMall, how cool is that!! It was like every morning, I went out of the apartment and there was lots of restaurants and I took the escalator downstairs to the exit and there were Subway, Guardian, Cold Storage and McD and then when we came back at night, only McD was open coz they open 24/7 and we had to trudged back to our apartment whereby all the escalators were not operating anymore and the experience was FANTASTIC!!





The best part about Singapore for me, was the architecture of almost every building in that country and the cleanliness and if there's ONE thing the Malaysians hafta learn from the Singaporeans is their spotless environment except that the pollution was just as bad, huhu.




Travelling not only involves long and tiring destinations as Zahrah and I have experienced as we maximise our time in a foreign country but also seeking knowledge and looking for Islam in all the high and low places that we went. This in turn would encompasses the journey of our minds as we open our eyes, heart and soul to analyze everything that we gain.


From England to Paris and Singapore, I concluded that I hardly saw my religion in Singapore and that what I saw the most was material wealth and people caught in the rat race. There were too many impressive landmarks and Orchard Road was unbelievable as it was one shopping mall after another. It was like Bukit Raja and next door is Bukit Tinggi and then OU, MidValley MegaMall and beside it is LowYatt and then The Curve, yeah, well you get what I mean. I actually managed to finished circulating the WHOLE of Orchard Road and it was like the same thing over and over again!


It made me think that perhaps God didn't made me so rich back then so that I would not be blinded by the materialism surrounding this grand place as I looked all around and secretly wishing to go to that boutique and splurging! It didn't help that I was staying in the middle of shopping malls but then again, it also made me pensive of this Hadith:


Barangsiapa yang menjadikan Akhirat sebagai obsesinya (keutamaan), pasti Allah akan menjadikan hatinya rasa cukup, melancarkan segala urusannya, dan dunia akan datang kepadanya dalam keadaan tunduk. Dan barangsiapa yang menjadikan Dunia sebagai obsesinya, Allah akan menjadikan rasa tidak cukup itu di antara kedua matanya, menunggang-terbalik segala urusannya, dan tidak akan ada baginya daripada dunia melainkan sekadar apa yang ditakdirkan“.
(Riwayat At-Tirmizi)



Sentosa is a must-go at Singapore because it was splendid and beautiful but there were too many poeple, well, what did I expect huh!







I played at Sentosa like a kid and reminded me of how I went to every single game at Disneyland, so Zahrah and I can't wait for Universal Studios to open, wuu!! and I wanna play that crazy-looking roller coaster before I am pregnant or something, hehe :p




Clarke Quay is a historical riverside quay in Singapore, located within the Singapore River Planning Area. The quay is situated upstream from the mouth of the Singapore River and Boat Quay. I just can't believe that I didn't notice that Reverse Bungee! I would have spent on that, would I really?! I'm all for it but the looks of it makes my stomach churn!




You can't say you visited Singapore without going to the Merlion Park near the One Fullerton.




All in all, I had another wonderfully magnificent escapade with travel mate 2009 (and counting!) and I can't wait for more because travelling and sightseeing has become a thirst for me like Edward craves for Bella's blood, haha, okayyy, New Moon is out for those of you who live under a rock :p


7 comments:

alQasam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alQasam said...

Salam dearie,

No wonder I haven't seen you long! Seems like both of you had a blast ney?

Glad that you can travel to lot's of places. It will inshALLAH increase our iman and love for the religious to a new level, I believe!

Sebenarnya wan, kalau sempat tau awak dan zahrah ke sana, kita ada nak cadangkan satu tempat and I have one very close friend there. Opps, two to be precise. Masjid Khadijah is a must visit for those who interested to a great community friendly mosque. Lot's of great places that lighten up significance of Islam though they are at the very most are struggling now.

I do love traveling so much and my hubs share the same love. Unfortunetly being a married woman or building a family great amount of saving needed. Awal-awal dulu, masa honeymoon season bukan main plan tu, plan ni. Tapi tak berkesempatan nak steps our feet lagi ke mana-mana.*Sigh

btw: Psst, psst how about saving for the big day. It will come sooner than you ever imagine!^^

p/s:Sempat gi wedding Aizat tak?

alQasam said...

Oh and did I mention I envy both of you because of this. (or the feeling of being a single woman) Opss, don't tell my hubs!

lol. Jokes.jokes.

wanderfulmadnificent said...

alQasam

ala, it's a pity that we couldn't go to that place you suggested but then again, we had everything quite packed. InsyaAllah zahrah wants to have another project there so if ever there is a next time, we'll definitely go!

Alhamdulillah we went to Aizat's wedding but neither of us had our cameras so SADLY there were no pictures to capture how beautiful Aizat was with the 2 of us. try asking nadiah and see if she got a picture because now that she's a married woman, we went separately that day.

Nadiah and you say that you envy us but in actual fact, we envy both of you back! hehe, altho both of us can't wait to have that dear husband just like you and nadiah but in the meantime, we hope to enrich ourselves by travelling and saving is a must for me hence no more travelling next year, boo hoo!

actually, next year travelling might be with somebody else and not zahrah, hehe *wink*

zmk anak malaysia said...

cool pulak gamba one fullerton tu, sbb nampak merlion & esplanade.

cepat la universal studio siap..n we shud try reverse bungee itew..!

cant wait cant wait..~

ainul ilyani said...

dat was so cool!!! haha..i like it kak maddy! my bro dah ajak2 da nak p s`pore la, bali lah, nak p europe la,alih2 tak jd coz cuti tak kena n masing2 bz duk jauh, i tak sempat laa,bzz sgt.. ;(

ur entry really makes me feel like i@m there wif u..tgk roller coaster bt i teringt i naik kat universal studio in Japan, buruk sgt muke i scream like hell n my hubby bole tjuk thumbs up at the camera,he wanted to buy d pic so badly bcos of my ugly face!..geram sgt..i mara2 tanak2, then tak bli, lgpn mahal sgt! tak affordable..

waa..amazing! ;D

nani said...

maddy
here's a good online shop for you. and harga lagi murah dr ariani :)
check it out!

http://www.myhannah.com.my/blog/