Bismillah, Assalamualaikum 
1. A person I know fell sick and she keeps it all to herself and even though she probably thinks she is not troubling anyone but indirectly she is. So my advice would be, don't kid yourself and if you're so ill then be nice and have trust that other people are nicer! Shouldn't be that hard to do huh..
2. A former student of mine, Form 4 now, muslim malay, girl, cute plus smart, she got 6A's in PMR was caught making out with guys and one of em guy videoed her 'doing it'. When a teacher confronted her, she revealed that she has been doing it and needed to do it because she feels satisfied, MasyaAllah~
and she moved school...
3. Most of my Form 3 students in the first class cannot write a good essay for their directed writing and the mid-year exam is at the end of this month!!! Not to mention that PMR is also nerve-racking! Geez, not only am I pissed but I really feel the burden of teaching them the same thing over and over again!! The thing is:
Firstly, they kept doing their mathematics homeworks which just irate the hell out of me! For most of the Chinese students, its an embarassment not to be good in math! yeah, right! Well, its also mortifying that they are not good even in the simplest English! I had to threatened to kick em out of class or rip their books and only then would they blankly stared at me trying ever so hard to understand even simple English, well, boo hoo!
Next, they like to copy. Since they are in the first class and most of them are used to doing homeworks (most of em had their primary education in Chinese schools and SJKC does a lot of drilling and memorizing) therefore I always give em extra exercises. But they tend to wait for one or two of their friends to finished it then most of em would just copy, URGH! SO INFURIATING!! and what's worse, some of em even copy essays, like what the toot right!! How can they possibly think they could get an A and even la, even if they somehow magically able to score an A, I would definitely know better so screw these kind of no-good pupils!! There was this one literature exercise I gave them and out of 37 students in that class, ONLY 2 answered accordingly and out of that 2, ONLY 1 answered correctly and when I asked her how she was able to find the answer, she said she had to refer to workbooks! Well, at least she did some research, sigh, unbelievable laaa students nowadays! and I had to keep her book for A WEEK just so that other students won't be able to copy her answers!
Some of em take up tuition classes so I asked them what they were taught in those paid classes. They told me that a teacher whose not even that good in English would come and teach them for like 3 hours or so but not just the English language but also 6 other subjects!!! and the time allocated for English is the least time! (Slaps Forehead!) argh!!
So I have started to teach them myself personally FOC after school hours and they appreciate it and then at that moment, my heart goes out to them~
Because of their upbringing, because some of their parents are uneducated, because of lack of exposure and experience, because maybe they don't even have to be good in English or maybe because they don't see the need to master the language, because they have no motivation, because they are poor, because they probably have to work after school, because they probably don't even wanna go to school in the first place but they have to, because of so so many reasons and at times, I can't entertain every single friggin basis as to why and why and why...
Because then I also have my why's ...
1. A person I know fell sick and she keeps it all to herself and even though she probably thinks she is not troubling anyone but indirectly she is. So my advice would be, don't kid yourself and if you're so ill then be nice and have trust that other people are nicer! Shouldn't be that hard to do huh..
2. A former student of mine, Form 4 now, muslim malay, girl, cute plus smart, she got 6A's in PMR was caught making out with guys and one of em guy videoed her 'doing it'. When a teacher confronted her, she revealed that she has been doing it and needed to do it because she feels satisfied, MasyaAllah~
and she moved school...
3. Most of my Form 3 students in the first class cannot write a good essay for their directed writing and the mid-year exam is at the end of this month!!! Not to mention that PMR is also nerve-racking! Geez, not only am I pissed but I really feel the burden of teaching them the same thing over and over again!! The thing is:
Firstly, they kept doing their mathematics homeworks which just irate the hell out of me! For most of the Chinese students, its an embarassment not to be good in math! yeah, right! Well, its also mortifying that they are not good even in the simplest English! I had to threatened to kick em out of class or rip their books and only then would they blankly stared at me trying ever so hard to understand even simple English, well, boo hoo!
Next, they like to copy. Since they are in the first class and most of them are used to doing homeworks (most of em had their primary education in Chinese schools and SJKC does a lot of drilling and memorizing) therefore I always give em extra exercises. But they tend to wait for one or two of their friends to finished it then most of em would just copy, URGH! SO INFURIATING!! and what's worse, some of em even copy essays, like what the toot right!! How can they possibly think they could get an A and even la, even if they somehow magically able to score an A, I would definitely know better so screw these kind of no-good pupils!! There was this one literature exercise I gave them and out of 37 students in that class, ONLY 2 answered accordingly and out of that 2, ONLY 1 answered correctly and when I asked her how she was able to find the answer, she said she had to refer to workbooks! Well, at least she did some research, sigh, unbelievable laaa students nowadays! and I had to keep her book for A WEEK just so that other students won't be able to copy her answers!

Some of em take up tuition classes so I asked them what they were taught in those paid classes. They told me that a teacher whose not even that good in English would come and teach them for like 3 hours or so but not just the English language but also 6 other subjects!!! and the time allocated for English is the least time! (Slaps Forehead!) argh!!

So I have started to teach them myself personally FOC after school hours and they appreciate it and then at that moment, my heart goes out to them~
Because of their upbringing, because some of their parents are uneducated, because of lack of exposure and experience, because maybe they don't even have to be good in English or maybe because they don't see the need to master the language, because they have no motivation, because they are poor, because they probably have to work after school, because they probably don't even wanna go to school in the first place but they have to, because of so so many reasons and at times, I can't entertain every single friggin basis as to why and why and why...
Because then I also have my why's ...
2 comments:
teacher's life full of surprise......huhuhuh
yes and some of them are not surprises that i like, huhu :p
Post a Comment