Thursday, June 10, 2010

What I Like About You

Bismillah, Assalamualaikum Myspace Icons


Yes, yes, the best part about being a teacher is the looooong hols! and I know I should be writing a lot more but I feel uninspired and I wish I have a muse be it by somebody or something but I don't and its not a great feeling :-/


When people ask me where I'm posted to and I tell em Pahang, they would raise an eyebrow because their first presumption would be that Pahang is a looong wayyy from Shah Alam and well, they are quite right because Shah Alam to Gombak takes about an hour. and then when they asked me where in Pahang and they get the answer, both their eyebrows are raised and their eyes bulged out (please notice the hyperbole, haha!). and I betcha that those who do not have an inkling of where exactly I'm posted to would imagine me taking a boat or raft to and fro from my rented house to my school which is funny because I can't envisage myself even in that situation, haha and then receiving elaun susah hati, huhu :p


susah hati tu memangla susah hati but not to the extent of being inadequate. I have a lot to be grateful about and I always remind myself to count my blessings and to commit to my memory that every day, the Palestinians have to fight for their life whereas I'm pretty much okay where I'm at (but then again, the grass is always greener on the other side!).


So what do I like about working in Pahang:


1. The Karak Highway! Yes, I love the challenge the highway gives me! Whenever I drive on this highway, how I wish I have a sport car so that I can speed and drift at every curb and I envy those with such cars as their cars ease their way around the curve and vrooms ahead, oooo, syok tau! It beats driving to the northern and southern states like seriouslyyy!! and I get annoyed when guys look down on women driving in such roads, well, lemme tell you that women too don't break everytime they are nearing the bend!



2. I learn to eat the Patin fish or in English, Silver Catfish, one of the most prized freshwater fishes in Malaysia. My place is near to Temerloh so as the home of the Patin fish, the Temerloh folks have special dishes that bring out the best taste of the fish. Two of my favorites are the ikan patin masak tempoyak and the ikan patin asam rebus and just talking about it makes me drool! Many of my colleagues are surprised that I have taken such a liking to the fish but it tastes sooo good that I make it a point to eat it every Monday (only once a week okay!) because whenever I go back home every weekend, I would miss it, hehe MySpace




3. I appreciate that I have a friend who carpools with me every week that we're going back. I get to saved a lot of money especially that I don't go out and buy anything much from Monday to Thursday so most of my $ is spent on travelling to my hometown on Friday after school and from Shah Alam to Pahang on Sunday. We do it like this week she's driving and the next week its my turn to drive and alternately every week! Hence, we are really economizing! Alhamdulillah so far, this is the best perk that I get ever since I'm working in Pahang.


4. Of course, no traffic jams like the ones in KL and sometimes Shah Alam also has mini congestions especially at the roundabouts. Its funny that we still need the police to supervise although there are traffic lights at the roundabouts. Hmm, what does that tell ya about Shah Alam-ians huh...


5. No need for parking tickets in the nearest town.


6. The RM2 store near my house which is also nearby my school suddenly becomes appealing and feels like Jusco, hahaha but on a serious note, there are things that are conveniently found in that dusty shop that if use it with care would beat other branded items!


7. Last but not least, I get to see the hills and the mountaintops and the trees and sometimes the skies are bluer than the ones in the city and I love it everytime I get to see the sun sets and I wish I could stop my car just to observe the breathtaking sight of a yolk slowly diminishing and its just amazing and I love the clouds everytime the sky of Earth has the appearance of a deep blue surface because of the air's scattering of sunlight and the shapes of the clouds, ooo, the members of The Cloud Appreciation Society would be sooo jealous if I tell them of the various beauty of the forms and figures of the clouds found there MySpace


Perhaps there are more things that I liked and I am thankful but still, I will enjoy it while I can and it still won't stop me from applying for my T_ _ _ _ _ _ r!


In the meantime, I gotta learn how to cook that appetizing Ikan Patin Masak Tempoyak, wuuu (salivating~)


9 comments:

nadiahazhari said...

my husband and i loveeee ikan patin soooo much.....especially yg fresh one from temerloh :) pasnie boleh kirim tak?

wanderfulmadnificent said...

sure can do!! nad mesti pandai masak ikan patin masak tempoyak kan kan kan?!

nadiahazhari said...

no...no...no...nie belum menuntut lagi, but my mom pandai...ngeh2x

zmk said...

i eat nasi dagang practically everyday now!

and and... rasa dah suke la dok Kerteh.. :p

wanderfulmadnificent said...

bestnyee your mom pandai, my mom doesn't like it, huhu T_T

zah, if i'm not mistaken, nasi daging comes from kedah coz i learnt to eat it and like it when i was studying in kedah, tatau plak ada kat kerteh tuuu

and nasi daging, my mom reallyyy knows how to cook that one and me too actually except nasi kena nak improve lagi kot, hehe :p

a passerby said...

wan, i think zahrah was saying nasi dagAng la.. yg ade kat kelantan n terengganu tuh ;p

btw ikan patin tempoyak sangat222 salivating!!! during my chambering days, i eat it for lunch every 2 days ;) hahaha. nanti u dah tau masak lauk tuh letak la resipi kat blog okeh ;)

Naaiemah said...

Wait there's actually 'Cloud appreciation society?' ok lawak nye. Sepang has amazing clouds toooooo!!!

Naaiemah said...

Wait there's actually 'Cloud appreciation society?' ok lawak nye. Sepang has amazing clouds toooooo!!!

wanderfulmadnificent said...

hahaha, can't believe i misread that nasi dagAng into nasi dagIng, hahaha, am laughing myself silly, LOL! :p

and i love ganu's nasi dagang too!!

and yes, there is a cloud appreciation society, check it out by clicking on the words that i coloured it bluey! ;)