Saturday, July 24, 2010

I want children for my parents ;p

Bismillah, Assalamualaikum Myspace Icons



I have been going back every weekend this month of July to take care of my aunt who has been in hospital and Alhamdulillah has already been discharged.


I slept in the hospital on a sleeping bag but still I could feel the cold hospital floor and it hurt my back and then I would instantly awaken when the docs and nurses came not to mention when my aunt called me.
I tasted the horrible hospital food.
I watched how hard and helpless a patient can became.
I observed that nurses have to be very meticulous and be capable of both patience and perseverence.
I witnessed that visitors feel awkward because they don't know whether they should linger because they think the patient likes it OR they should just stay a minute or two because they would disturb the patient.
I noticed that sometimes flowers cheer the hospital room but its sad to see them finally wilted.
and fruits are good gifts!
and the cheese tarts in Hospital Putrajaya are grand! :p



I am not used to taking care of the sick and one of my -ve trait is impatience but with all the experiences I gained in taking care of my aunt, it resulted in me having a still point: Would I be ready to take full responsibility of my parents when they're old? Would I be there? Would I be patient? Would I do anything and everything for them? Would I make the necessary sacrifices? Would I love and cherish them like they do to me? Would I? Would I? Because I'm scared and I love my parents so much just like I love my aunt and I slept like a log after coming back from my hospital stay!


I'm ashamed to admit that I was tired and it scares me BUT it's true, the cliche is true, LOVE WILL CONQUER ALL, InsyaAllah~



Treatment of Parents according to the Noble Qur’an

}وَ قَضى‏ رَبُّكَ أَلاَّ تَعْبُدُوا إِلاَّ إِيَّاهُ وَ بِالْوَالِدَيْنِ إِحْسَاناً إِمَّا يَبْلُغَنَّ عِنْدَكَ الْكِبَرَ أَحَدُهُمَا أَوْ كِلاَهُمَا فَلاَ تَقُلْ لَهُمَا أُفٍّ وَ لاَ تَنْهَرْهُمَا وَ قُلْ لَهُمَا قَوْلاً كَرِيـماً {

And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and that you shall show goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) “Ugh” nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word.

Noble Qur’an, Surat Bani Isra’il (17) Verse 23



Forgive me for everything Abah & Mama :'(


4 comments:

nadiah said...

assalamualaikum wan,

tapi jaga org sakit memang menginsafkan. betapa bersyukurnya dgn nikmat kesihatan yang ALLAH berikan.

wanderfulmadnificent said...

nadiah:

wasalam nadiah <3

yes, you're right, taking care of the sick gives you an insight of a lot of things and makes you realize of what you should be grateful for and health definitely should be before sickness

PoetryGirl said...

i went through something similar when my mom got hit by a car and we all took care of her in the hospital and at home. there were moments when she'd say "let the nurses handle it" but of course we wouldn't have it. she took care of us - only natural to return the favour. it's overwhelming what you feel in that moment when you become aware of all your love for her stemming from all her love for you :-)
May Allah swt bless all mothers!

wanderfulmadnificent said...

PoetryGirl:

its true when you say;

it's overwhelming what you feel in that moment when you become aware of all your love for her stemming from all her love for you

i love these words so thank you ;)