
I wish you were there, heck, I wish there was an audience!
You should have seen the boy, undersized, timid and has a squeaky voice which annoys the whole staffroom! and what did he do you ask? He swore at a teacher, he lied and rebelled and retaliated when the teacher reprimanded him and then he was called upon by the discipline teacher. and then that's when the drama happened...
He doesn't understand what he did ALTHOUGH he knew he was wrong! He doesn't understand because he doesn't understand Malay and we, the teachers were SOOO irritated only God knows how much! Can you imagine telling off a person for how many minutes and that person knows you are angry because you have flared nostrils ridges, wide unblinking eyes, voice in volume 4.5 and still, that person despite being scared but tak paham cikgu!!
I was one of the spectator and even I clenched my fist gerammm!! Who's to blame for the fact that he is without a shadow of doubt wrong but he doesn't understand all the scolding and lectures that he deserves?!
and that my friend, is the problem that my colleagues and I face in the school where long ago, the Communist used to lived where I'm working now. It's a pity that some students learn Malay and English not in that language and then even when they're Form 5, they failed to understand the simplest Malay and English! and don't get me started on teaching and learning!! How can I possibly teach students English when they don't even understand Malay let alone a second language! and plus low levels of motivation + uncivilized attitude + barbarous manners + no sense that knowledge is the key and + many many more, too many!!
and that's the main problem of the school and perhaps why the issue of SJKC and SJKT needs to be adressed without being politically oriented! The students lack exposure and experience in both the language of the nation and the country's declaration of English as the second language. and I have trouble teaching English in...English!
It's an outcry! and I want to raise a hue and cry!

No comments:
Post a Comment