Bismillah, Assalamualaikum 
So I am about to start a new phase in my life...
I am about to work!
as an English Teacher!
In Pahang!
I have to be in Temerloh on the 13th July 2009 and only then will I know where I will be situated.
It sure is creepy!
I have never imagined that I could get Pahang, it was always the notion that Johore is in dire need of English Teachers thus the niggling feeling that I could possibly get Johore. It was never even Pahang. Sometimes the lecturers would insert in our heads that Sabah Sarawak wants us and that we're in demand over there so we freaked out but again, Pahang never came up. Furthermore, Pahang was never in the list of adventures, it was always some other states because the only place of escapade that I could think of was Cameron Highlands and I've been there, huhu
No offence to Pahang-ians' or izzit Pahang-ites'?! but Pahang just never arise from me or even my coursemates for the record. So when I got Pahang, I'm like wwwhhhaatt!!
And then, there's a tug of war within me:
Another side of me don't even mind that I have to work in Pahang at least for 5 years because it's not like I'm not used to going to and fro from Shah Alam to some place far.
It could be a whole new adventure for me! Whee~

But another part of me wants to be a rebel-without-a-cause-kinda-thing and this is because:
Pahang is big and I could be anywhere at all whereby I will be so unfamiliar + alone + worried...
[but then again, it's not like I can't survive]
I want to do my Masters.
[have to use own money but InsyaAllah money is not an issue. I badly wanna do it at least around next year so that by the end of my contract, I can get to be a lecturer easily and proceed to do my PHD overseas. Moreover, doing Masters when I am single is so flexible]
I'm not being manja or whiny that I want to be near home, so please stop assuming and that I am grateful but I have commitments, emm :s
[yes, everybody has commitments and if you really wanna know what mine is, then contact me personally]
I know that you can always say that some other person out there has it much worse than me but the fact is, everyone is different and that even if I am grateful but if I can change things for the better then why not? Anyone in whatever situation is different but we should always put things in perspective.
So you can tell that I have such a dillemma
With Allah is the decision, in the Past and in the Future: on that Day shall the Believers rejoice―
Ar-Room [30:4]
So I am about to start a new phase in my life...
I am about to work!
as an English Teacher!
In Pahang!
I have to be in Temerloh on the 13th July 2009 and only then will I know where I will be situated.
It sure is creepy!
I have never imagined that I could get Pahang, it was always the notion that Johore is in dire need of English Teachers thus the niggling feeling that I could possibly get Johore. It was never even Pahang. Sometimes the lecturers would insert in our heads that Sabah Sarawak wants us and that we're in demand over there so we freaked out but again, Pahang never came up. Furthermore, Pahang was never in the list of adventures, it was always some other states because the only place of escapade that I could think of was Cameron Highlands and I've been there, huhu
No offence to Pahang-ians' or izzit Pahang-ites'?! but Pahang just never arise from me or even my coursemates for the record. So when I got Pahang, I'm like wwwhhhaatt!!
And then, there's a tug of war within me:
Another side of me don't even mind that I have to work in Pahang at least for 5 years because it's not like I'm not used to going to and fro from Shah Alam to some place far.
It could be a whole new adventure for me! Whee~

But another part of me wants to be a rebel-without-a-cause-kinda-thing and this is because:
Pahang is big and I could be anywhere at all whereby I will be so unfamiliar + alone + worried...
[but then again, it's not like I can't survive]
I want to do my Masters.
[have to use own money but InsyaAllah money is not an issue. I badly wanna do it at least around next year so that by the end of my contract, I can get to be a lecturer easily and proceed to do my PHD overseas. Moreover, doing Masters when I am single is so flexible]
I'm not being manja or whiny that I want to be near home, so please stop assuming and that I am grateful but I have commitments, emm :s
[yes, everybody has commitments and if you really wanna know what mine is, then contact me personally]
I know that you can always say that some other person out there has it much worse than me but the fact is, everyone is different and that even if I am grateful but if I can change things for the better then why not? Anyone in whatever situation is different but we should always put things in perspective.
So you can tell that I have such a dillemma

With Allah is the decision, in the Past and in the Future: on that Day shall the Believers rejoice―
Ar-Room [30:4]
13 comments:
I Know you can survive.....
ALLAH tidak membebani seseorang melainkan sesuai dengan kemampuannya.....
maddy, knowing u, im sure you can go through anything, iknow you feel home sick at first, then you'll overcome it later. i think everybody now is having "crumbs and grumps" feelings about the posting thingy and all, but i am sure all of us could make it.
nadiahazhari:
thank you for the reminder, i needed that ^_^
April Fimbristylis:
crumbs and grumps I LIKE THAT! and yes, we do have that feeling but at the end of the day, we know we can and will make it of course :)
pahang is much better than johor in terms of distant, but,im still grateful that i got johor :)
dis is is d time for you to be truly independent, hehe
n yes, to put things into perspective, i understand ur feeling, hehe.. try jela, ade rezeki, transfer :)
then gimme ur number,i'll contact u lah :p akak, kte pn kat pahang.ngeeh
excitednye!! boleh la merasa teacher wanderful blanje main bowling pas nie.. hehehhe..
pahang aint that bad!! haha sseriously a new adventure begins.
wan sebelum awak head north (or is it east?) come by my office and we'll have a nice lunch there ok tak?
wajibbb!!
wow, dah dapat posting!
I'm still waiting for mine this november (perhaps).
juga tengah fikir nak further study..
anyways,
got to enjoy my time left until november. heh.
kamilah ahmad @ ahmaddiah:
ada rezeki in the future kot, insyaAllah, pray for me while i pray for you, dahla terpisah dah pasni :'(
nadzmoish:
jom la jadi travel mate dalam negara plak, atau dalam negeri Pahang, ngeh :p
zmk:
bole2, lagi expensive dari bowling pun bole, haha, bajet kaya :p
Naaiemah:
i dun think Pahang is that bad either but it's just so daunting! ala, tgkla bile tapi best gak dapat lunch sama, bole mtk tolong awak download ke, huhu :p
kuchinque:
yeah, so i heard about your posting since i'm close to some of your batch. i'm also thinking of further studies, insyaAllah, and insyaAllah kite jupe lagi ;)
congrats kak madhi!!
jadi org pahang lah yek.
anyway tq for da wish.
i'll remember your words.
heee..
kak madhi,
ecah kem salam balik.
kahwin nanti jgn lupe jemput ktorg tau!!
heheh..
pahang area mana wan?
nabihah, i don't know yet because they wouldn't tell me :(
i'm going to start working this monday~
Post a Comment