Wednesday, June 17, 2009

PARIS and DISNEYLAND



Bismillah, Assalamualaikum MySpace


Paris has never been on my 'gotta go!' list of places because it was always 'I want to go around the world kinda thing' and so there were no specific places of interest but Paris has always been there, if you know what I mean, in my mind and my readings hence the anticipation and it just boils over when Mai Sis said that I could go to Paris!


We took the EUROSTAR, a high-speed railway passenger train service in Western Europe connecting London (St Pancras Railway Station) with Paris (Gare Du Nord) and Brussels. All Eurostar services cross under the English Channel via the Channel Tunnel, owned by Eurotunnel.


How cool is this! Unfortunately, I slept like a log from London to Paris due to being so fatigue, sigghhh. Nonetheless, I did stay a bit awake from Paris to London but when I saw that it was just dark outside, I dozed off again, huhu


The weather in Paris was cool, calm and breezy and it just fits the atmosphere that we're in because the wind swept us away mesmerized by the beauty of Paris MySpace

To get to our apartment, we had to attained the key in another place just like Amazing Race!




Our apartment was on the 7th floor and there were no lift! Just imagine everyday that we're in Paris, we were so worn-out and adding insult to injury was that to get to our beds, we had to trudged slowly panting 7 flight of stairs just to get to the very top!




This is a miniature Eiffel Tower pasted on our apartment wall, cute huh!



The first time we saw the Eiffel Tower, we were like, so this is the Eiffel Tower, w h o a!!




That afternoon was bliss indeed, just lepaking under the view of the Eiffel Tower, ahh...wish we could have stayed forever in that park and have a little picnic.



We went on a cruise from the afternoon until sunset right to night time. It was freezing cold but we had loved every moment of it shivering. On the cruise, there were loving couples (rolls eyes :p ), old tenderly couples (aaawww), and then there were US enthusiastically listening to every commentaries on every place that the cruise passed by and it was sooo fascinating that I looked up on each and every place on the internet! Told ya I'm an experiential learner :p



The Eiffel Tower at night, wah...



and the Eiffel Tower glitters at night too! Pwetty!



I found out about Panini looking at Rachel Ray Show, she's a celebrity chef and very entertaining indeed! I loved to able to modify what she cooks up! Anyway, there were paninis' in London and Leicester and I pestered Mai Sis to let me taste but Mai Sis was not to sure on what is Panini and the fillings so she couldn't relent to my whims and fancies. However, in Paris, we were so hungry that night and there was a Panini stall at the corner from the Eiffel Tower that I couldn't help myself and ask on the filling for vegetarian. It was only mozarella with tomatoes and button mushrooms and the sandwich was pressed by something hot and sizzling that the mozarella melted right into the ciabatta bread. Not only was it hot but eating it while sharing amongst the 3 of us on a cold night was SO DELICIOUS!!




The next day, we went to La Defense, a major business district for the city of Paris.



This is Disneyland! My family grew up watching Disney movies and cartoons so Mai Sis and I were excited at seeing all those characters come alive! Hey, that's Marie from The Aristocats! That's Mulan and so many more! We were like kids and rode ON ALL THE RIDES! Mai Sis was BRILLIANT in the planning. What she did was she planned that because Disney Studio close at 7pm then we should cover the whole of Adventureland, Discoveryland and Frontierland before 4pm and moved to Disney Studio and afterwards come back to Fantasyland since Fantasyland was all kiddie stuffs so even if we wanted to play, it wasn't a priority but we did managed to cover most of every land. We rightfully followed the plan with Mai Sis monitoring all the games that we have played and what next and well, she was just too GOOD!! *wipes tears* :p






We rode on all 4 of every roller coasters in Disneyland and I had such an adrenaline rush! This was by far the coolest because it was slow at one moment and ZZZZOOOOOMMM!!! at the next moment leaving my breath behind!!



This is 'It's a Small World' where they showcase a variety of cultures from around the whole world with cute mini dolls singing 'It's a Small World'. There weren't Malaysia though...




I feel like a kid playing wheee on the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups. The story behind this game was that just before the tea cups started whizzing, a chubby cute Malaysian boy came up to Zahrah and innocently ask, 'Eh awak ni org Malaysia kan?' Hahaha!! Zahrah told us and we laughed our heads off because that boy was just too cute! Subsequently, we caught up with the boy and said,

kami org Malaysia, awak?

Saya org Malaysia jugak.

and I forgot the rest of the conversation because we finally talked to the parents of the boy, hehe :p


1 comment:

farieha said...

waaaa..such a wonderful vacation...nak ikot jugak..