Sunday, May 24, 2009

I remember those days


Bismillah, Assalamualaikum Myspace Icons

My youngest sister went for her orientation at the university of her choice which is just so nearby that she could save stocks of clothes to be washed in the washing machine every week, huhu

That morning, I remember not wanting to wake up so early and accompany my mom to take littlest little sister there, I mean, it was so near and it's not that my mom wasn't familiar with the place...

But then something snapped within me, like when Bella became a vampire she nearly snapped at Jacob and Emmett! and suddenly I had flashbacks like when Bella started to remember her human memories as she became a vampire! I began to remember of all the times my grumpy little sister would tag along with my parents to take me to my institution of higher learning and I didn't have 1 mind you, I had 2 places that I went for my degree and my sis would lalala follow, of course, it did help that she would get treats as she is with my parents, hehe

So I didn't have the heart not to be the big bossy sister that she expects me to be on her first day at university. 


and her experience made me reminiscence those first few days far away from home coming to a strange land for the first time, as I made sure all my documents were intact in a clear folder and the certificates in another clear folder and all those 10 photostet copies of every documents in a large envelope and I had to have a pen plus enough passport pictures to go around. 

and my sister only had 1 big fat large envelope and clumsily pasting pictures in her hostel room to only 4 documents, huh! How times have changed!


Another FRESH memory that sprung up was meeting my BFFJ! It was jodoh at first sight because it most definitely wasn't love, LOL :p

She was nerdy with BIG glasses and when I talked to her, I remembered her gaping at me! I could only recalled that we introduced ourselves but that I did most of the talking *grins sheepishly*

It was fate that brought us together because I didn't have a roommate back then and she had a senior for a roommate therefore she could moved in with me and VOILA! as they say is history! 

and it astounds me reallyyy when people become startled and surprised that KAMILAH & I have become roommates for 6 SOLID YEARS! What is so ________ [fill in the blanks yourself] 

about that revelation? reallyyyy now... Myspace Icons


I also remembered that most of my course mates were taken aback when I spoke English all the time and likewise with me that they did not! Apparently, they were still adjusting to being in the TESL course unlike me who wanted this course from the very beginning! LOL :p


These are my main recollections looking back 6 years ago and my littlest little sister has just entered while I am leaving and starting a whole new life. 


It feels weird but then again, everything always does, hehe MySpace


That we might make it a message unto you, and that ears (that should hear the tale and) retain its memory should bear its (lessons) in remembrance. 
Al-Haaqqa [69:12]


8 comments:

kamilah ahmad @ ahmaddiah said...

haha, do u really have to mention bout the "BIG" glasses and the "nerdy' part?? :p adoi, haha.. :D but i know u still think i look 'cute' in those 60's glasses, rite? :p

aah, when i first met u, only u did the talking n i was like, "what's wrong wif dis girl? cant she just keep quiet for even 1 minute?" :p

hehe, i still remember those days when u wud cry like ****, as if the world was gonna end when u were home sick.. home sick kunun, podacit!! :p

wanderfulmadnificent said...

its a good thing i didn't mention about you looking like a T****** :p

haha, kidding :p

ala, i also know you are mesmerized when i speak and that you wish i never stop, i was like edward in your eyes back then, LOL! :p

and i was homesick, uwaa!! blah la :p

mrssalman said...

Salam

wan, nice entry. Btw: When was your real birthday?

wanderfulmadnificent said...

wasalam :)

thank you and likewise with all your entries esp on sex education, i loved that one! will definitely bear in mind the knowledge you gave me on that ;)

what real birthday? did i mention a real birthday? but my birthday is on 19th august if you wanna know :)

Mysara said...

i remembered crying the whole week after you left. esp everytime masuk bilik tgk bilik kosong and kena tdo sorg2 (eh? mane modah..maybe tdo berdua kot)
haha..which is so funny (and embarrassing) when i think back.

nadiahazhari said...

go back to that memory lane....
although everything is history now, we will smile at it when we think about it in the future (^_^)

nani said...

ahahahaha. kamilah is the one!
maddy, twilight saga symptom ka? all the life thingy has to do with bella isit?
fancy how books could really instill still points :)
ngeh ngeh.
and i always remember u as the girl yang menjerit whenever there is kucing at the kantin. can't believe that was u, MADDY!

nak pesan lagi boleh tak? i want a bedazzler if it's cheap. if not, just ignore! :P

wanderfulmadnificent said...

Mysara:
aaaawwwww!!! i cried too when u left and its because we're sooo used to each other its like we can't imagine our lives when one dissapears, but i always miss you *mmuuuaaahhh*

nadiahazhari:
yes, we always do that, we always smile back at those fond memories, so humane of us ;)

Hannanika Chan:
saje je insert the twilight saga symptom sbb tgh in the midst of the suspense, haha, bajet jek :p

ok, bedazzler for a lil girly gurl like ya if found ;)