Bismillah, Assalamualaikum 
Yesterday, Saturday, 4th April 2009 will forever be etched in my memory because so many things happened and so many experiences I have gained good and bad that I will want to forever keep in my heart and soul
My coursemates and I went to Baling in Kedah for a one day getaway and of course to swim in Lata Bayu, also in Baling. So what are the MOST SIGNIFICANT events that happened?

Too many so I'll start from the beginning:
It wasn't the 1st time that I went to Baling and to one of my coursemate's house, Gda.
[THANK YOU GDA FOR EVERYTHING!]
For breakfast, it was the FIRST TIME that I ate pulut nasi with sambal tumis anchovies + pekasam fish cooked crispy with rice grains + onions and chillies, yummyyyyyy!!
For lunch, I had 2 big fat BBQ chickens with rice + sambal tumis + kerabu mangga taken from the many mangoes at the back of Gda's house + sambal belacan with fish innit + ulam.


and Lata Bayu was also where it happened...
Jom main itik-itik!
Jom!
Jom!
I was in front, T second, M third.
Quack Quack Quack happily~
T moves with her feet on the sands underneath the water but M puts her feet up to feel being moved without moving, huhu
Both of them had faith that a swimmer was taking the lead
Eh Maddy, dah dalam ni, kaki aku tak rasa tanah dah!
Okay, I'm gonna reverse now -
AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
T pulled the 2 of us under!
I went under the water
Ya Allah, it is DEEP! But stay calm coz I can do trading [taking rapid breaths underwater using my mouth]
Just I was about to ascend from below the water, M hoist herself up panicking and waving her hands up in alarm...but she couldn't scream...and in the process of pulling herself up, she pushed me right to the bottom of the water!
Ya Allah, be calm, be calm, don't panic [between mouthful of waters because I felt some sort of terror strike me as I couldn't get up]
and then I tried again pulling myself again to rise above the waters...
and AGAIN, M pushed me right under the water!!!
NOOOOOO!!!! This time I really was alarmed because I had begun to swallow too much water, I close my eyes, Ya Allah, please...
and then I felt someone taking my hand and pulling me upwards...
It was a kid but he was big in size so I felt his weight pulled me up and then I took even breaths and swam slowly to the shore but clearly shaken~
and reunited with T and M and hugged and...LAUGHED!!
I know it may seems WHAT! YOU GUYS LAUGHED IT OFF!!! But the thing is, we were so relieved, actually more than relief, wayyyy beyond that!!! T actually hugged a guy who saved her and M held onto the kid scared to death.
I. was. just. relieved.
We caught up on what happened and T said she panicked first and went under pulling us for support and then a guy saved her. M said that she actually had a thought that she was going to die as she said a prayer when she was underneath and she said that she tried to scream but the cry never came out and she was terrified as she only could wave her hands from the surface of the water.
2 of my friends saw this from the rocks and one screamed while the other was in shock gaping at the whole incident.
I wanted to laugh again but some of my friends were really angry at us for being soooo careless and we deserved that but then again, how could we know that we were going to enter a deep end as some streams have the same depths.
and how could we have foreseen that this would have happened?!
and how could I, as the swimmer, couldn't even save them as I couldn't even see them and I couldn't even emerge from above the water????!!!!
Yes, it was SCARY and actually it made us realize and think of how easily people could actually drown as when you're panic, you think of nothing but the fear that builds up inside of you and that you just don't want to die, not yet anyway...
The lesson has been learned and I promised never to main itik itik with non-swimmers, LOL
"Korang main itik itik macam comel tau tapi sekarang aku sakit hati bile teringat kejadian tu dan aku dah tak suka dengar main itik itik dah"
Telling-off from a friend.

Yesterday, Saturday, 4th April 2009 will forever be etched in my memory because so many things happened and so many experiences I have gained good and bad that I will want to forever keep in my heart and soul

My coursemates and I went to Baling in Kedah for a one day getaway and of course to swim in Lata Bayu, also in Baling. So what are the MOST SIGNIFICANT events that happened?
Too many so I'll start from the beginning:
It wasn't the 1st time that I went to Baling and to one of my coursemate's house, Gda.
[THANK YOU GDA FOR EVERYTHING!]
For breakfast, it was the FIRST TIME that I ate pulut nasi with sambal tumis anchovies + pekasam fish cooked crispy with rice grains + onions and chillies, yummyyyyyy!!
For dinner, it was the leftover rice fried to perfection (and as I am writing this now, majority of us had diarrhea, huhu)
Lata Bayu was terrific and soooo much fun especially that we cooked up a BBQ!
Lata Bayu was terrific and soooo much fun especially that we cooked up a BBQ!
Lata Bayu has this super cool waterfall where I could slide down!
Jom main itik-itik!
Jom!
Jom!
I was in front, T second, M third.
Quack Quack Quack happily~
T moves with her feet on the sands underneath the water but M puts her feet up to feel being moved without moving, huhu
Both of them had faith that a swimmer was taking the lead

Eh Maddy, dah dalam ni, kaki aku tak rasa tanah dah!
Okay, I'm gonna reverse now -
AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
T pulled the 2 of us under!
I went under the water
Ya Allah, it is DEEP! But stay calm coz I can do trading [taking rapid breaths underwater using my mouth]
Just I was about to ascend from below the water, M hoist herself up panicking and waving her hands up in alarm...but she couldn't scream...and in the process of pulling herself up, she pushed me right to the bottom of the water!
Ya Allah, be calm, be calm, don't panic [between mouthful of waters because I felt some sort of terror strike me as I couldn't get up]
and then I tried again pulling myself again to rise above the waters...
and AGAIN, M pushed me right under the water!!!
NOOOOOO!!!! This time I really was alarmed because I had begun to swallow too much water, I close my eyes, Ya Allah, please...
and then I felt someone taking my hand and pulling me upwards...
It was a kid but he was big in size so I felt his weight pulled me up and then I took even breaths and swam slowly to the shore but clearly shaken~
and reunited with T and M and hugged and...LAUGHED!!
I know it may seems WHAT! YOU GUYS LAUGHED IT OFF!!! But the thing is, we were so relieved, actually more than relief, wayyyy beyond that!!! T actually hugged a guy who saved her and M held onto the kid scared to death.
I. was. just. relieved.
We caught up on what happened and T said she panicked first and went under pulling us for support and then a guy saved her. M said that she actually had a thought that she was going to die as she said a prayer when she was underneath and she said that she tried to scream but the cry never came out and she was terrified as she only could wave her hands from the surface of the water.
2 of my friends saw this from the rocks and one screamed while the other was in shock gaping at the whole incident.
I wanted to laugh again but some of my friends were really angry at us for being soooo careless and we deserved that but then again, how could we know that we were going to enter a deep end as some streams have the same depths.
and how could we have foreseen that this would have happened?!
and how could I, as the swimmer, couldn't even save them as I couldn't even see them and I couldn't even emerge from above the water????!!!!
Yes, it was SCARY and actually it made us realize and think of how easily people could actually drown as when you're panic, you think of nothing but the fear that builds up inside of you and that you just don't want to die, not yet anyway...
The lesson has been learned and I promised never to main itik itik with non-swimmers, LOL

"Korang main itik itik macam comel tau tapi sekarang aku sakit hati bile teringat kejadian tu dan aku dah tak suka dengar main itik itik dah"
Telling-off from a friend.
9 comments:
"2 of my friends saw this from the rocks and one screamed while the other was in shock gaping at the whole incident"
i am the second witness who was 'is shock gaping at the whole incident'.
and indeed i continued to sabun my badan and kaki. just waiting for you ppl to calm down.
Maddy, T and M.
u guys memang patut kene marah!
as the songs goes..'terkapai-kapai ku kelemasan...'
hik hik
what can i say. itik..oh itikkk...
woih bahayenye!!
arggghhh, i hate it!!! hehe..maddy, really sorry for you-know-what.. :( never meant to you-know-what :( but one thing for sure, the you-know-what really made me realize how ppl tend to forget dat they cud die at anytime, n like myself, i alwiz take TIME for granted :( n d fact dat we almost die at dat time made me even realized dat we're closer to death every second passed.. watever it is, really SORRY for wat had happened, n hopefully, dat was d first n d last..
p/s: sing wif me bebeh.. anak itik tok wi mandi dlm kolam... ;p
Hannanika Chan:
haha, i can imagine your shocking look, it must have been funny! yela, make fun of us la, boo hoo!
sis AALAA':
tell me about it but its not like we did it intentionally :(
kamilah kurang sket best:
at least we get to reflect huh :p
i don't even know the song, give me the lyrics, nanti time reunion nak nyanyi balik :p
anak itik tok wi mandi dalam kolam,
mula2 suka lama2 tenggelam... haha
sorry!
kalo takde orang selamatkan korang aritu, akupun tak taula apa nak jawab kat parents hangpa.
nasib bek aku takde kat tempat kejadian, kalo tak aku pap pap pap je kepala sorang2!
hish!!!
teringat masa u lemaskan mysara. pastu bajet selamatkan. hahaha
gda Mokhtar:
eleh gda, blah la!
wan mawaddah:
haha, aaawww, bestnyee those zaman usik mengusik :p
tergezut baca citer nie.. tapi lepas baca komen2 rasa nk gelak guling2..
best lagu gda tu.. hahaha!
we're still cute, haha ;p
Post a Comment